Hi people! Happy New Year. I hope your new year is off to a good start. I was thinking the other day about working out an applique project that provided the opportunity to use multiple types of machine applique and determining which to use for what. I would of course provide a pattern or worksheet and a YouTube video for you if I did that. Would you like that?
Sew what would I include if I make this project? I think it would be something like this:
- Prepared turned edge applique stitched in such a way that it approaches the look of fine hand turned-edge applique.
- The rest would be stitched raw edge appliques:
- narrow blanket stitch and/or vari-overlock stitch in matching thread colors
- double blanket stitch with 40 weight thread
- broiderie perse applique
- decorative stitch with heavy weight thread
- straight stitch leaving a deliberate edge that would eventually fray for texture
Sew happy everyone! Have fun in your studios and enjoy the whole of 2023.